Diode laser hair removal results are more effective than IPL machines. The diode laser treatment for hair removal is safe. So how could get the best diode laser treatment results? There are 3 steps to see the results by diode laser hair removal machine.
If you want to know how diode laser machine works, please click.
Step1. Before Diode laser Treatment
Before diode laser hair removal treatment, you should prepare everything well.
1. You need to Stop Waxing or Plucking
Diode Laser hair removal treatment works by targeting the roots of the hair. Stop Plucking or waxing the target area at least 1 month before diode laser treatment. Shaving does not matter, because the roots stay in same position.
2. Remember shaving the hair
Although you could not wax or pluck before the diode laser hair removal treatment. You need shave your hair 1 or 2 days in advance. Shaving the area decreases the chance of burns with the hair under the skin’s surface.
3. Prevent yourself from Sun Exposure
Avoid your body from the sun is necessary expecially for the treated area. The time for avoiding the sun is 15 days. Too much sun exposure may need to hyperpigmentation after diode laser treatment.
A sunburn can cause excessive pain and blistering. So, be sure to use sunscreen daily if the treated area can’t be covered while outside.
4. Take off The Bleach
As referred earlier, diode laser treatment works by targeting the root of hairs. The melanin in the hair can be found in the root and absorbs the light produced by the laser. Meanwhile destroying the hair permanently.
When you bleach your hair, it alters the pigment and makes the hair more difficult to target. Stop bleaching 45 days before diode laser hair removal treatment.
5. Tell you doctor about the Medications you take
Inform the doctor if you are on antibiotics, birth control, and photosensitizing medications. It does not mean stop taking your medication. But the doctor will adjust your treatment accordingly and proceed with caution.
6. Take off the Makeup
If you are doing hair removal treatment on the face, please take off the makeup. The color in the makeup will also absorb the laser. Use soap and water to clean the skin.
STEP2. DIODE LASER hair removal procedure
Diode laser treatment for hair removal is not difficult as imagine. First, a cooling gel will apply on the target shaved area. The doctor will set the treatment parameters due to skin type, treat area, and hair condition.
The treatment time vary for different body area. It is around 15 to 30 minutes. Diode laser treatment for hair removal is fast. Hair could not 100% removed in one time because of hair growth cycle. A whole laser hair removal course is 4 to 6 times.
Diode laser hair removal results are immidiately. The treatment area will be red and there is a char smell. We call it the clinic end-point for diode laser hair removal treatment.
STEP3. DIODE LASER HAIR REMOVAL treatment aftercare
- Avoid sun exposure in 1 week post-treatment.
- Do not puncture, if blisters occur, . Use antibiotic ointment to heal the skin.
- Over the counter medication for post treatment discomfort. You may also apply Restorative Gel, cool towels, or ice packs to reduce discomfort due to heat.
- Don’t use seat warmers after the treatment.
- In 2 weeks, please don’t do any other laser treatment.
- If you experience any side effects, such as hypo- or hyper-pigmentation. Or redness, swelling, and blistering, call your doctor for instructions on treatment.
- As mentioned, laser hair removal could not 100% complete in 1 time. To achieve the best diode laser hair removal results, complete the full treatment.